[packagekit] RFC - easy install/remove

Peter Nash peter79nash at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 17 09:09:23 PST 2008

Duncan,

So, you mean that in theory it could be done... user could have an easy way to revert the 1-click install operation?

something like an 1click uninstall like mentioned in http://opensuse.awardspace.com/

this would be very cool... but i'm getting the idea that PK won't make such feature available soon :(

maybe this could be integrated into yast2 on OpenSuse...

I really hate to have to handle all those packages... i tried to remove an application once and i may say that i see it as a very big pile of paper from which i can't read any... LOL (i'm keeping all the software i installed once, installed!!!)

One week ago i contacted John Thomas (the webmaster of the link above) but he said that there is nothing currently being worked on, ATM, as far as he knows of...

I really would like something like this... and if it was on PK would be just perfect... I'm thinking about giving a shot at Ubuntu (CNR)... but i don't like much of Gnome... OpenSuse would be the right choice for me... if it wasn't for this lack