[packagekit] RFC - easy install/remove

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 00:27:26 PST 2008

On Mon, 2008-11-17 at 09:15 -0800, Peter Nash wrote:
> Richard,
>
> Disk space maybe cheap... but so is the space in my house and i like
> to keep it clean...

Imagine you lived in the expanse of the Sahara desert. Now try telling
me you need to throw away an old chair, because you don't have room.
It's the same order of magnitude difference.

> it's a case of organization and cleanness... also... this might keep
> my system a little less "sluggish"...

Installing a library you don't use has no performance penalty. You do
get a performance hit when the library is actually loaded, but if
nothing's loading it, you don't have any slowdown.

> so, well, maybe you're right and I'm probably not a PK typical user...
> but i would really like such a tool!

Right. The question is whether your request is useful, rather than
possible.