[packagekit] Res: Features discussion/request KPackageKit

Daniel Nicoletti dantti85-pk at yahoo.com.br
Thu Nov 20 06:15:01 PST 2008

Ok, i asked Thomas to post here his willings for
kpackagekit, as i thought it would have some backend or packagekit
specifc stuff, and that's what we got.

for those parts of solid it's is planned to be supported
but we didn't have time to do that, right now, i'm trying
to finish the polkit support on kde so it'll be shipped in 4.2
and we can put kpackagekit in kde4.3, so it's most likely
all these features that are already in gnome app to be in kpk.
the two things i don't know very well how to deal with are
the hardware part, but i guess i need to learn more how solid
and pk works.
and the don't have update repository, this one could be a popup
(as soon the backend has that warning) that appears every time
the automatic update is fired (with an option don't bother me anymore!),
and the user can click to go to the settings where the repos are,
but as far as i know there is no way yet to set repos yet in pk right?
i only see gnome app enabling and disabling then (and that's what i do).

Daniel.

http://br.maisbuscados.yahoo.com