[packagekit] GetMimeTypes API addition?

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 02:21:51 PDT 2008

Attached is a patch to add a GetMimeTypes API call. This allows us to
give the user a nice message when they try to install a .deb file on a
system that only supports .rpm.

I'm not going to add any client code in pkcon or gnome-packagekit just
yet, as I want to give the backend authors a few releases to add the
method, so installing local files doesn't just stop working.

The text I'm thinking of goes something like this:

Title: This file format is not supported

The package you have selected cannot be installed on this computer as
this file format is not supported.

This patch is not yet in git. Feedback? Comments?