[packagekit] GetMimeTypes API addition?

Tim Lauridsen tim.lauridsen at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 8 00:51:15 PDT 2008

Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-10-07 at 08:19 +0200, Tim Lauridsen wrote:
>> I think an working gui example is great to show the power of the
>> python client api and it is also good, to test if the API calls take
>> to long.
>
> I'm about to check in changes for a GUI like this to be show for power
> users: http://rhughes.fedorapeople.org/gpk-groups-comps.png
>
> If you toggle a bit in GConf then you get the custom groups.
>
> Richard.

Looks good, is it possible to expand/collapse the tree, it will be very
usefull because some categories like 'language support" is very long and
you have to scroll down a lot to see the categories below.
Do you need a Gconf switch to select the enum-groups / categories
(dynamic groups), is it not better to see if the backend support
categories, then use it, else use the enum-groups.
And maybe at GConf option to force it to enum-groups even if categories
are supported.

Tim