[packagekit] KPackageKit 0.3.1 and QPackageKit 0.3.1 released

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 00:40:16 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-15 at 20:38 -0700, Daniel Nicoletti wrote:
> Hi all,
> KPackageKit just got released, 0.3.1
> as the 0.3 stands for being compatible
> with packagekit 0.3. and the .1 is that
> it's now possible to install files and
> a bug in the updater ui was fixed :)

Good choice of version number -- now it's obvious it needs 0.3.x daemon

> BTW the good news it that i just put it into:
>
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/playground/sysadmin/kpackagekit/

Ahh, cool. That's just the frontend, right?

> We also got a new contributor that already
> made some changes but i didn't got time to
> look at. Welcome aboard Trever :)

Welcome indeed.

> QPackageKit is at 0.3.1 too. which is
>  a coincidence :P

Sure, and I guess it makes sense to release QPackageKit with PackageKit
next week, at version 0.3.8 -- I'm going to be doing a bit of work with
Adrien getting all the bindings up to date.

> Thanks to all who made this possible TM

Hey! That's my phrase!