[packagekit] Anjuta and PackageKit

Debarshi Ray debarshi.ray at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 02:05:12 PDT 2008

> The first gives you a nice fire and forget interface like
>
> /* execute sync method */
> ret = dbus_g_proxy_call (proxy, "InstallPackageName", &error,
>                         G_TYPE_UINT, xid, /* window xid, 0 for none */
>                         G_TYPE_UINT, timestamp, /* action timestamp, 0 for unknown */
>                         G_TYPE_STRING, "pygtk-devel",
>                         G_TYPE_INVALID, G_TYPE_INVALID);

I like this approach. :-)

One thing which bothers me is the different names of packages on
different distributions. eg., Fedora uses the -devel suffix while
Debian has -dev. I guess, one way out would be to use
InstallProvideFile to look for the packages providing the libraries
and headers. Is there any other way to do it?

Happy hacking,
Debarshi