[packagekit] Anjuta and PackageKit

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 10:34:48 PDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-10-31 at 17:39 +0100, Jan Niklas Hasse wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 7:03 AM, Sebastian Heinlein
> <glatzor at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > I would recommend to store the package names in a separate data or
> > header file and not to require patching actual code. The code will
> > change very likely and so the patches maintenance requires more
> work.
>
> Therefore I would suggest using catalog files :)

That's not really what they are designed to do -- when asking for a set
of packages, gnome-packagekit can show the user a list with icons and
translations, so that it makes sense in the context.

If you say install a catalog, then we are saying "do some voodoo and
install the right stuff" which doesn't explain to the user very well
what is going on.