[packagekit] Feature Matrix: service packs

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 02:38:12 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-09-03 at 15:41 +0530, Debarshi Ray wrote:
> Now that we have service packs supported by the Yum backend, should
> this page not be updated: http://www.packagekit.org/pk-matrix.html ?

I'm in two minds. We implemented Servicepacks by re-using the
InstallFile method (which makes a lot of sense) which means we didn't
actually need the ServicePack method for anything.

I'm not sure if it makes sense to actually use the ServicePack method
for the install, or just remove it from the interface completely. I'm
erring on the latter.