[packagekit] PackageKit Collections

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Sat Sep 13 06:00:40 PDT 2008

Richard Hughes wrote:

>> Now, if I replace the repo with '[meta]' then I now get two identical
>> package_ids whereas before they would differ in their "data" section:
>>
>> 'fedora-packager;0;noarch;[meta]'
>> 'fedora-packager;0;noarch;[meta]'
>> 'fedora-packager;0.3.0-1.fc9;noarch;fedora'
>>
>> This is not good, since the package_id in PK must be unique for
>> each ?
>> And if I remove a dupe, then I'm not sure which one the id refers
>> to ?
>
> Exactly, the PackageId _must_ be unique.

Another thing I discovered was that a version of "0 at noarch" didn't
sit all too well with the current regexp for splitarch in Smart, so
it wasn't able to find details about the packages from PackageKit...
So now the comps Loader has been taught to use "0-0 at noarch" instead.

Doesn't really matter, other than it'll show as "0-0" instead of "0"
The pattern Loader already featured real data (e.g. 11.0-110.3 at i586)

If the meta flag is moved to the pkg info rather than the repo/data,
would it be OK to keep the ^ prefix in the name of the package_id ?

--anders

PS. How is PackageKit going to handle multiple operating systems,
     for when just having the arch isn't good enough ? ("os" needed)