[packagekit] PackageKit Collections

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Sun Sep 14 04:18:09 PDT 2008

Tim Lauridsen wrote:

>> Automatic package merging sounds scary, don't think I'll go there.
>> Will probably try to hide 'meta' inside the name field instead...

> You must remember that in yum metapackages = groups
> so if repo1 has a game group there contains 'game1" and
> repo2 has a game group there contains 'game2", then the
> yum game group will contain "game1" and "game2"

I understand that, I just don't think I'll try to duplicate
the yum feature in the comps Loader for Smart that's all...

I do need to implement the "compile" feature though, so that
it'll go over the metapackage requires and set installed flag.
Already added the "category" feature, so that it'll modify
the metapackage group to include the category as a subgroup.

e.g. "Virtual/Development" instead of just plain "Virtual"

A recent revision now makes two metapackages for each yum group,
one "foo" (mandatory/default requires) and maybe "foo-optional"
(optional/conditional requires, should any be present in comps)
Before it would just ignore and skip the optional dependencies.

--anders