[packagekit] Missing groups?

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Mon Sep 15 12:00:58 PDT 2008

Patryk Zawadzki wrote:

>> It's either of File tools, File utilities or File applications -
>> depending on which vendor you ask. I just called it "FILE" :-)
>
> It has to be more precise as to a regular user a spreadsheet or an
> address book are perfectly fine "file" applications ;)

Well, the enums weren't exactly for the regular user to view... ?
It will be expanded and localized, before being shown to the user.

It would however be a good idea to have a description* of each group.
* make it a tooltip or something, for the shown summary group title

If File {tools|utilities|applications} is too small / vague, then
I can just put them all into GROUP_ACCESSORIES or something. N.p.

It would however be a good idea if such groupings would be somewhat
consistent between the different backends, thus this discussion ?

Just what I observed from having all of the yum/zypp/urpmi/apt
groups in one place, like with RPM/DEB in the Smart backend...

I'm sure that having some example mappings would also help
developers of other backends, facing "Emulators" or "File".

--anders