[packagekit] using launchpad for gnome-packagekit translation?

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 07:09:57 PDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-09-19 at 15:01 +0200, Tim Lauridsen wrote:
> <flame mode on>
> You forgot one. :)
> Launchpad is not open source.
> </flame mode off>

To be honest, that doesn't bother me much -- I'm connecting to the
internet with a router I don't have the source code for, so it's
effectively a tool that lets me get work done.

Launchpad is the tool that lets people work together, but personally I
don't like how it's structured.

I don't like the idea of a downstream distro trying to create a
monolithic environment for collaboration for upstream development. If
some people like it, then that's all well and good, and I've got no
problem with that.

Now, if launchpad severed the ties with ubuntu and was a centralised
community that was distro neutral, well, that's another thing all
together.