[packagekit] PackageKit, Fedora 10 and translations

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 07:31:24 PDT 2008

On Sun, 2008-09-21 at 13:45 +0300, Ville-Pekka Vainio wrote:
> As <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Schedule> states, Fedora 10 is currently in
> string freeze for the packages for which Fedora itself is the upstream. Of
> course this is not the case for PackageKit, but as gnome-packagekit is the
> main graphical package management application for Fedora, it'd be good to
> ship Fedora 10 with as complete translations as possible.

Agree.

> Which version of PackageKit/gnome-packagekit will be in Fedora 10 final?

0.3.4, released tomorrow.

>  Is
> there some sort of feature/string freeze planned before releasing that
> version to give translators some time to complete the translations? If some
> languages aren't complete by the release date of that version, is it possible
> to later release updated PK packages for Fedora 10 with translation updates?

Sure, I don't really freeze the sources before releases, as we normally
do a release every two weeks. I'll be keeping the version of PK pretty
up to date in F10 until we do any major API incompat stuff, where I'll
decide if it's worth the pain.

As a rule, I push updates to fedora pretty quickly after the release.
The only reason F9 is on 0.2.x is I'm waiting for the newkey stuff to
settle down.