[packagekit] Res: One click install support in PackageKit

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Wed Apr 1 07:16:21 PDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 2:28 AM, Thibauld Favre <thibauld at allmyapps.com> wrote:
> I've looked into Dorian Perkins code and gave it a try, it is a great
> start but still very early stage. In my opinion, we'd better begin
> coding things in python (leveraging python-packagekit bindings) and
> inspire from apturl ( https://launchpad.net/apturl/ ) for a first
> shot. Basically, I would propose the following rough planning for
> <doyouhaveanameyet?> :

Your plan looks great, though #4 ("support multiple URLs in one download")
mystifies me.  That seems like an orthogonal feature that could be added
later.  Let the student just focus on the core idea.

Python is easier for prototyping, but C is better for the final version;
Python is very resource-hungry, and we want this to be universal
enough to run on very resource-constrained systems.
- Dan