[packagekit] This dialog sucks

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Wed Apr 22 07:16:41 PDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-22 at 14:23 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-04-22 at 09:50 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> > Cool, thanks for the screenshots, appreciated. What about something
> > like this:
>
> Or, mocked up in glade:

Thanks, some things are clearly improved in this mockup.
But some problems remain:

- The heading is somewhat oddly talking around the issue. Why is it a
problem that a software source contains an untrusted package ? That is
not the problem. The problem is that the package that is being installed
has an unknown signature.

- "You have asked to install a package... that has a signature that is
not trusted by you."  Sounds a bit accusatory to me. Maybe just say "The
package ... has a signature that is not known." ?

- The last paragraph still talks about 'recognising a user', which just
doesn't make any sense.

- 'The signing website is registered to' I assume this is just
copy-paste from the firefox page ?

Matthias