[packagekit] This dialog sucks

James Antill james at fedoraproject.org
Wed Apr 22 10:24:09 PDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-22 at 18:16 +0200, Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett wrote:

> However, we could not find much on this graphical hash generation more
> than the ascii stuff gnupg uses. But I think it is an interesting
> direction.

 The place I've seen this used well is for anonymous blog posters, where
a unique pictures is generated from an ip address:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identicon

...converting this to work for GPG keys shouldn't be too hard. But given
most users only see it once, I'm less inclined to believe it'll help.

James Antill - james at fedoraproject.org
"I'd just like to see a realistic approach to updates via
 packages." -- Les Mikesell