[packagekit] remove packages while installing policy issue

Daniel Nicoletti dantti85-pk at yahoo.com.br
Wed Aug 12 10:37:31 PDT 2009

As simulate_* is almost done, the policy part must
be done two, as we talked on IRC fist I was thinking the
logic to call polkit-remove-packages when installing would
be up to the GUI (It would detect that REMOVING packages
were emitted and ask polkit to authenticate too).
But with polkit-1 GUI's don't need talk with it anymore so
we need another way to do that (which makes the GUI clear imo).

One of the options is to break again the API (the sooner the better imo),
to:
installPackages(only_install, only_trusted, pkg_ids);
removePackages(only_remove, pkg_ids, allow_deps, autoremove);
// BTW what's the difference from allow_deps and autoremove?
updatePackages(only_update, only_trusted, pkg_ids);
And add some error codes like
ERROR_POLICY_INSTALL_NEEDED
ERROR_POLICY_REMOVE_NEEDED

This solves the issue as we do the same with trusted.
But others options are welcome :D

Thanks,
Daniel.