[packagekit] issues with packagekit

Matthias Klumpp matthias at nlinux.org
Tue Dec 1 13:49:09 PST 2009

On Tue, 01 Dec 2009 16:31:07 +0000, "D.H. Bahr" <dbahr at estudiantes.uci.cu>
wrote:
> yeap .. configure and make as regular user; make install as root...
> otherwise i wouldn't be able to install it on /usr I guess .. let me
> browse the tar to see if i find the file there

Of course you can drop the file into the dir - but it's much better to find
out why it was not installed.
You configured PackageKit with
./configure --enable-emerge prefix=/usr
right?
Do you have locate installed? Is there a file named
org.freedesktop.PackageKit.conf installed on your system?
(locate org.freedesktop.PackageKit.conf in Terminal)
I don't know much about Nova Linux (it's the Cuba-Linux, right?), but on
Debian "locate" is installed by default.
Maybe the file was installed into /usr/local by accident?
Cheers
  Matthias