[packagekit] issues with packagekit

D.H. Bahr dbahr at estudiantes.uci.cu
Tue Dec 1 09:07:15 PST 2009

I installed locate and search for the file ... apparently me telling
configure to use /usr as prefix mixed up somwhere and it put the file
under /usr/etc/dbus-1/system.d instead of /etc/dbus-1/system.d

Now the daemon starts and i can use pkcon ...

i made a

pkcon refresh:
darion-laptop build # pkcon refresh
Refreshing cache              [=========================]
Waiting for authentication    [=========================]
Starting                      [=========================]
Generating package lists      [=========================]

and after I searched for a package but it won't find it ..

take a look here:
darion-laptop build # eix gtkmm
[U] dev-cpp/gtkmm
      Available versions:
     (1.2)    1.2.9-r2
     (2)    2.2.12
     (2.4)    2.16.0 ~2.18.2
     {debug doc examples test}
      Installed versions:  2.12.7(2.4)(21:23:55 10/04/09)(-debug -doc
-examples -test)
      Homepage:            http://www.gtkmm.org

darion-laptop build # pkcon search name gtkmm
Searching by name             [=========================]

am i using it wrong?