[packagekit] pk-debuginfo-install and hashes

Patryk Zawadzki patrys at pld-linux.org
Tue Dec 8 02:28:49 PST 2009

Hi,

Recent gcc versions have the nice feature of signing builds with a unique hash.

I think it would be nice if pk-debuginfo-install allowed automatic
installation when given just this hash. It should be as easy as
finding a package that provides
"/usr/lib/debug/.build-id/01/23456...". Is it easily doable or would
it require some architectural changes (I know it could be expensive in
yum case as AFAIK it does not download file indexes by default)?

--
Patryk Zawadzki