[packagekit] GNOME PackageKit 2.29.1

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 05:29:20 PST 2009

GNOME PackageKit is the name of the collection of PackageKit GUI tools
for use in the GNOME desktop.

Version 2.29.1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Released: 2009-12-08

* Translations
 - Added Norwegian bokmål translation (Kjartan Maraas)
 - Added Shavian translation (Thomas Thurman)
 - Added Slovenian translation (Matej Urbančič)
 - Updated Arabic translation (Khaled Hosny)
 - Updated Bengali India Translations (Runa Bhattacharjee)
 - Updated Brazilian Portuguese translation (Igor Pires Soares)
 - Updated Danish translation (Mads Lundby)
 - Updated Finnish Translation (Ville-Pekka Vainio)
 - Updated French translation (Claude Paroz)
 - Updated Galician translation (Antón Méixome)
 - Updated German manual translation (Christian Kirbach)
 - Updated German translation (Christian Kirbach)
 - Updated Hindi translation (Rajesh Ranjan)
 - Updated Italian translation (Gianvito Cavasoli)
 - Updated Kannada(kn) translation (Shankar Prasad)
 - Updated Punjabi translation (A S Alam)
 - Updated Romanian translation (alexxed)
 - Updated Simplified Chinese translation (Wei Mingzhi)
 - Updated Spanish translation (Daniel Mustieles)
 - Updated Swedish translation (Daniel Nylander)
 - Updated Tamil Translations (ifelix)
 - Updated Telugu Translation (krishnababu k)

* New Features:
 - Convert all the client applications to use packagekit-glib2 (Richard Hughes)
 - When the update viewer is no longer being shown, force an update of
the updates (Richard Hughes)
 - Remove a lot of the helpers and create a GpkTask module that
implements PkTask to handle the transaction interactions (Richard
Hughes)
 - Use a GtkInfoBar to display the mobile broadband warning, not a
modal dialog box (Richard Hughes)
 - Add RemovePackageByFile() to match the API provided by KPackageKit
(Richard Hughes)
 - Format the dates in the update viewer according to the users
locale. Fixes #601493 (Richard Hughes)
 - Add a GConf key to add program exec names to ignore all DBus
requests from. Fixes rh#501023 (Richard Hughes)
 - Make the update viewer cope with multiple packages downloading at
the same time (Richard Hughes)
 - Add a new GConf key to control whether we show all packages in the
apdd/remove UI (Richard Hughes)

* Bugfix:
 - Fix thinko in spinner cell renderer's rendering (Bastien Nocera)
 - Fix duplicate mnemonics in menu. Fixes #601581 (Bruce Cowan)
 - Use the correct show-confirm key when installing a font (Daniel Nicoletti)
 - Some more fixes to the session interface (Daniel Nicoletti)
 - Don't escape the desktop summary in the run dialog. Fixes #596010
(Richard Hughes)
 - Ignore cleanup and finished packages when we a simulating a remove
or install (Richard Hughes)
 - Never show the role text in the GpkWatch tooltip (Richard Hughes)
 - Only show 'and n other security updates when there are other
updates to list. Fixes rh#527149 (Richard Hughes)
 - Don't show 4Gb as the file size when we actually get -1, meaning
percentage unknown (Richard Hughes)
 - Use seporate messages when we've finished installing all or some of
the updates (Richard Hughes)
 - If command line contains (deleted) the original binary is invalid,
and don't show it in the UI. Fixes rh#524873 (Richard Hughes)
 - Don't show finished tasks in the menu dropdown (Richard Hughes)
 - Run the gpk-install-foo helpers with interaction
'hide-finished,hide-warnings' as we are handling failure (Richard
Hughes)
 - Check we're not already doing GetUpdates or GetDistroUpgrades
before we try to do the action (Richard Hughes)
 - Ensure we use the progress callback to update the UI when
processing session DBus requests (Richard Hughes)
 - Use the desktop icon when we unselect the installed application in
gpk-application. Fixes fd#25098 (Richard Hughes)
 - Don't shutdown when we just want to log out. Fixes rh#539800 (Richard Hughes)
 - Ignore PK_ERROR_ENUM_CANNOT_GET_LOCK for the weekly actions too.
Fixes #602717 (Richard Hughes)
 - Ensure we search for all GStreamer resources, not just the first
item (Richard Hughes)
 - Dont segfault if error_local is not set (Scott Reeves)
 - Call gpk_dbus_task_install_files when installing local files (Scott Reeves)