[packagekit] Offline package installation

Debayan Banerjee debayanin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 06:37:35 PST 2009

I have a linux box which is not connected to the internet. I want to install
a particular package (chmviewer) with its dependencies. I have access to
internet at a cyber cafe, where all the machines run on Windows. What is the
best way to download all the dependencies at one go and then take them to my
unconnected box and install them there?
I was thinking whether its possible to have a web service which allows you
to 1) upload a text file containing the names and versions of all the
installed packages on your system (this file may be generated by packagekit)
2) Search for the package you want to install 3) Download all the
dependencies not on your system along with the package as a single tar.

--
Regards,
Debayan Banerjee