No subject

Tue Feb 17 21:12:47 PST 2009

plugin is enabled it makes a copy of the RPMs which gets downloaded in an
other directory and then probably have a front end application which by
default picks up the RPMs from that directory and writes on to the CD.

This is my initial thoughts on it though i am not sure this would work and
satisfy the requirement. i am looking into it on how it could be done too.

Cheers,
Balaji

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 10:42 AM, Mario <mario.danic at gmail.com> wrote:

> How exactly did you plan to implement the writing code?
>
> KR,
> M.
>
> On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 21:04, G <balajig81 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I was just going through the docs in Packagekit and also the code and i
>> was just thinking on how about Packagekit having a plugin kind of stuff
>> where in it also does the job of  an offline repository creation which can
>> be written on to the DVD. I thought its a good feature to have too. This
>> helps in avoiding the same packages to be downloaded everytime and it could
>> be shared too. I could start working on this if you feel that what i speak
>> makes sense. I was talking to Richard on this few days back and i had told
>> him that i would come up with a design note ( a small write up ) on what it
>> would be like and how i propose to do it.
>>
>> Let me know your suggestions and comments.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Balaji

--00504502c54c6d835304632a9466

Hi Mario<br><br>From birds eye view level i just thought when the update go=
es on if the plugin is enabled it makes a copy of the RPMs which gets downl=
oaded in an other directory and then probably have a front end application =
which by default picks up the RPMs from that directory and writes on to the=
 CD.&nbsp; <br>
and satisfy the requirement. i am looking into it on how it could be done t=
 Feb 18, 2009 at 10:42 AM, Mario <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:ma=
204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">How exactly did y=
=3D"gmail_quote">
n dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:balajig81 at gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">=
id rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;"><div>=
cs in Packagekit and also the code and i was just thinking on how about Pac=
kagekit having a plugin kind of stuff where in it also does the job of&nbsp=
; an offline repository creation which can be written on to the DVD. I thou=
ght its a good feature to have too. This helps in avoiding the same package=
s to be downloaded everytime and it could be shared too. I could start work=
ing on this if you feel that what i speak makes sense. I was talking to Ric=
hard on this few days back and i had told him that i would come up with a d=
esign note ( a small write up ) on what it would be like and how i propose =
to do it. <br>

PackageKit mailing list<br>
geKit at lists.freedesktop.org</a><br>

PackageKit mailing list<br>