[packagekit] Hacking dbus signals

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 02:11:37 PST 2009

On Wed, 2009-02-11 at 20:05 +0300, Friki zoid wrote:
> I am writing patch for gpk-repo. I want to give users the opportunity
> edit the "baseurl" of yum.conf from this program. Now I think that it
> was easy get it by parsing yum.conf.

It might be easier to parse yum.conf, but it's the wrong way to do it.
Now you've limited your software to yum, and it also won't work when the
admin does something different with yum.conf or uses dynamic mirror
lists.

You've not told us what you're trying to achieve (the big picture) and
so it's very difficult to tell you how to do things the correct distro
agnostic way.