[packagekit] gpk 0.4* and "legacy package manager lock"

Ville-Pekka Vainio vpivaini at cs.helsinki.fi
Wed Jan 28 00:52:23 PST 2009

Hi,

I was testing Fedora Rawhide with gpk 0.4 series yesterday and I noticed
gpk says "Waiting for legacy package manager lock" if I happen to be
using yum when PK is trying check for updates or something.

I might be nitpicking here, but is the word "legacy" really necessary
here? I don't think yum is a legacy tool at all. Or does this mean that
the lock is a "legacy lock"? I think it'd be at least easier for
translators and maybe even less confusing to the users if the "legacy"
word was removed.

--
Ville-Pekka Vainio