[packagekit] [patch] add networkmanager and service-packgs option to configure

Mounir Lamouri mounir.lamouri at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 15:08:48 PDT 2009

Hi,

As I said in IRC, there are a lot of auto-magic dep in packagekit. [1]
I've wrote a patch fixing two of them: libarchive with service-packs option and
networkmanager with eponymous option.
This patch is using basic description and the options are disabled by default. I
prefer because it let the script fail if dependencies are not respected. If
enabled by default, only a warning can be shown. Let me know if you prefer
default enabled with a warning.
The description is also really simple but clear ;)
In addition, service pack code should be changed to be less libarchive specific
as it's now enabled or disabled (atm, it's partly disabled and not working).

There is connman option to add and maybe a few others. I have to sleep and I
will do that tomorrow. This patch is somewhat an example to know if I can add
other options.

[1] Do not hesitate to google the terms to know why it's bad. There is an
official Gentoo doc describing the issue for example.

Thanks,
Mounir