[packagekit] [patch] add networkmanager and service-packgs option to configure

Mounir Lamouri mounir.lamouri at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 01:06:40 PDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 9:00 AM, Richard Hughes<hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/7/15 Mounir Lamouri <mounir.lamouri at gmail.com>:
>> This patch is using basic description and the options are disabled by default.
>
> I think they need to be enabled by default.
>
>> prefer because it let the script fail if dependencies are not respected. If
>> enabled by default, only a warning can be shown. Let me know if you prefer
>> default enabled with a warning.
>
> Yup.

Here is an updated patch with 3 new options:
- networkmanager
- connman
- service-packs

If not set, dependencies will be checked and the option will be
enabled/disabled silently.
If enabled in the command line (--enable-foo), the configure script
will die in case of dependencies are not found.
If disabled in the command line (--disable-foo), the configure script
will skip dependencies check.

So, it keeps the same behaviour as before (with the same ./configure
you will have the same option enabled).

>> The description is also really simple but clear ;)
>> In addition, service pack code should be changed to be less libarchive specific
>> as it's now enabled or disabled (atm, it's partly disabled and not working).
>
> How do you mean?

Instead of using HAVE_ARCHIVE_H to filter some libarchive specific
code, we should use something like USE_SERVICEPACKS to filter
compiling/installing service packs related code.
With my patch, if someone do --disable-service-packs he will got
service packs files compiled but, as you told me, it will not -really-
work as libarchive is needed for a real use of service packs.
Basically, it will be like if libarchive is not there.

May I push the patch ?

Mounir