[packagekit] remove-packages and allow_deps / autoremove

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 02:45:35 PDT 2009

2009/7/21 Mounir Lamouri <mounir.lamouri at gmail.com>:
> I will have to see if it's a good idea on Gentoo. I'm not sure and I
> should get confirmation. In this situation, if GetDepends is shown, it
> will be confusing because the listed packages will not be removed. If
> confirmed (will get the confirmation in a few hours), there would be
> way to prevent the message ?

I think it would be bad for gentoo to support autoremove; I mean,
gentoo is a source based distro and so it's not an unreasonable
assumption that people may be compiling stuff from source using
libraries, without using portage.

> Daniel, I suppose if there is an option to enable autoremove, it's
> because it's working. The idea of this message it to show the message
> when autoremove is enabled and the backend do not implement an
> autoremove feature.

... I think we only want the message if it's set true, not unconditionally.