[packagekit] yumbackend metadata_expire in mediarepo

مؤيد السعدي muayyad.alsadi at ojuba.org
Wed Jul 29 11:43:19 PDT 2009

Richard: could you please make sure that you have committed the trivial
patch, I don't see it in cgit
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/packagekit/

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 12:55:52 -0400, James Antill <james at fedoraproject.org>
wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-07-29 at 18:24 +0300, مؤيد السعدي wrote:
>>          elif lazy_cache:
>>              for repo in self.yumbase.repos.listEnabled():
>> +                if repo.mediaid: continue
>>                  repo.metadata_expire = 60 * 60 * 24  # 24 hours
>>                  repo.mdpolicy = "group:all"
>
>  I can see that this fixes it for the media repos. ... but it's still
> wrong.
>
>  What are **you** trying to do in the above? My guess is "set a higher
than
> normal expire time" and the mdpolicy forced change doesn't make much
> sense, my guess is that's copied from some other bit of code?¹
>  However this fails in the above desire for anything which has a higher
> than 24 hours expire time already (due to repo. knowledge that PK
> doesn't have, Eg. the fedora release repo.). Or, as with the media
> repo., anything that has a -1 expire (maybe the user is using yum like
> apt/etc.).

it's not me, it's not my code.
The code that set -1 or 24 hours was already there
my patch just skip that code which already existing for the case of media
repo
if you don't like the already existing logic please post in the ML in a
separate topic