[packagekit] Your Up Date Application

Daniel Nicoletti dantti85-pk at yahoo.com.br
Tue Jun 2 05:45:33 PDT 2009

I liked the idea too, imo the user should be able to:

COMBO:
| Hourly
| Weekly
| Daily
| Never

[ ] Set preferred time: (CheckBox)
time: [23:30] (Time edit)

When the checkbox is checked it enables the custom
time editor.
I'd do this way...

>Also, if the user has specified daily as the policy and the time set
>to 2AM, what do we do if the user never leaves the computer switched
>on overnight?

Imo this is one of the problems that really complicates things,
i think as i proposed above that "preferred time" suggests
that some day this might not be the exact time.
I'd go with a tolerance, if the user doubles the time to do the
update and we are not at his selected time we should do it anyway,
maybe poping up something like:
The preferred time to update has expired
doing automatic updates forced.
                                             [Cancel]

Daniel.