[packagekit] Add on media and offline package installation

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 05:55:58 PDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 1:51 PM, Rahul Sundaram
<sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> 1) Run gpk-service-pack (This should really be installed by default)

It doesn't get the testing to be installed by default, IMHO.

> 2) Give a list of packages. Service pack with the entire list of
> packages+ dependencies would be created

You can put multiple packages in the textbox, e.g. "hal,hal-info,kernel,glibc"

> 2) PackageKit automatically pops up and tells the user that media has
> additional packages for the Fedora release he or she has installed

By inserting the disk means we have to register a content type and
prober for the media type. This is fairly easy, but then turns a
generic pendrive into PackageKit media from a nautilus point of view.
Better instead would be to insert the disk and just double click on
the .servicepack file.