[packagekit] refresh-cache: get-packages and force

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 04:36:11 PDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 10:50 AM, Mounir
Lamouri<mounir.lamouri at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've two questions about refresh-cache:
> 1. why it's calling get-packages after update done ? (tested with my
> backend and with yum)

To generate the package list in /var/lib/PackageKit/system.package-list

This is used for service packs, and also to populate the
search-as-you-type dialogs in GUI tools.

> Get-packages take ages...

You need to see /etc/PackageKit/PackageKit.conf, specifically UpdatePackageList.

> 2. force parameter looks cool but even if used by C function, it is
> not used by python one. Is it wanted ?

Yes, it's probably oversight that we've missed it in the python
functions. The python functions should match the C ones 1:1.

> I will appreciate to have it in the python function. I even agree to
> write the needed patch ;)

I'll take you up on that kind offer. Thanks!