[packagekit] Support for trusted packages in InstallPackages

Daniel Nicoletti dantti85-pk at yahoo.com.br
Tue Jun 16 09:18:40 PDT 2009

>> By default trusted will be True. If the backend encounters a not trusted
>> package it should raise BAD_GPG_SIGNATURE error and send the
>> corresponding RepositorySignatureRequired signal.
>
>Why the signal? If we do trusted=true on InstallFiles then we just get
>an ErrorCode back, no?

Sebastian afaik there's no way of knowing if a package has a bad GPG
in APT, so I think creating REPO_UNSIGNED is what you (and me) want.
So when starting a transaction that will have packages that comes from
a repo unsigned we can fail with the error..

BTW, maybe they should have separate items in
installPackage(pkgs, pkg-signed, repo-signed)??

Best,
Daniel.