[packagekit] [gentoo-dev] Inviting you to project "PackageMap"

Petteri Räty betelgeuse at gentoo.org
Sat Jun 20 06:16:25 PDT 2009

Sebastian Pipping wrote:
> I start to understand the real benefits of moving a larger
> part of the maintenance down to the distro level as you proposed.
>
> Okay, let's add support for CPEs at distro package level
> and sync up and down with the central packagemap database.
> Please contact me for collaboration on sync scripts
> and "modeling" of details.
>

> Sebastian

You need to come up with the needed DTD changes for metadata.xml. Last
time the schema was changed it was done with a GLEP so writing one seems
prudent here too especially if we are going to make the value mandatory
after it was been added to all existing packages. Also documentation
(devmanual, developer handbook come to mind at least) concerning
metadata.xml needs to be updated to document the new stuff.

Regards,
Petteri