[packagekit] Questions about install-signatures, what-provides and repo-set-data

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 04:11:19 PDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 10:46 AM, Mounir
Lamouri<mounir.lamouri at gmail.com> wrote:
> And by the way, Zac, nothing has been planned/discussed related to
> this feature in Gentoo ?

Sure, it's looking more and more like the roles API might need to be extended.

>> It allows you to interact with a repo in a way not normally allowed
>> with the API. I don't think you need to use this.
> It should let user add "personnal" repositories ?
> If yes, it could be interesting even if not a priority.

I don't think letting users add repos in a easy GUI way is a very good
idea, as I've previously said on the mailing list.

> At the moment, nothing like that is in Gentoo.
> I will surely not count on such a feature for the end of my gsoc (ie.
> for a first public realease) but we could propose it for further
> developments.

It's quite a bit of work for gentoo, and I would think it's probably a
GSoC project on it's own.