[packagekit] portage backends filters

Mounir Lamouri mounir.lamouri at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 06:11:02 PDT 2009

Sorry for the top-posting but it's easier to summarize with gmail...

non-supported confimed:
- devel
- basename
- supported

supported confirmed:
- installed
- newest
- free: why not playing with ACCEPT_LICENSE and license groups instead
of PROPERTIES ?

may be supported with new PROPERTIES:
- gui
- application
comment: not sure that's needed but it could be proposed and i'm not
sure gui/application distinction is really good (most application are
gui and all gui should be application)

need discussion/confirmation:
- visible: after Richard comment, I think it could be abandoned and I
don't think adding unmask in PackageKit is a good idea, it's a door
open for a lot of issues.
- source: Zac, you answered only on the technical side. Do you think
there is a real need for a source filter ? I mean, not using source is
possible but is it viable ? Do we want to disable most part of the
packages ? I've never used binary packages so I don't know if using
only such packages is viable.
- collections: Richard, why this filter has been added ? I can't get
the real need.
- arch: The distinction between x86 and x86-64 is made with
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS and then, there is multilib profiles. Don't you think,
this is already managed by pre-packagekit configuration ? (ie.
/etc/make.conf)

Thanks,
Mounir