[packagekit] portage backends filters

Mounir Lamouri mounir.lamouri at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 14:04:50 PDT 2009

So, finally, will be supported asap:
- installed
- newest
- free

May be supported if Gentoo add a PROPERTIES entry:
- gui
- application
- collectionn

Can be supported but need to much work / it's too unstable to do it in
a near future:
- source
- arch

Others will probably never be supported.

But, Richard, can I insist with collections ?
I understand it's to filter collections when searching for something
but why filtering collections ? I understand why someone want to get
only free packages or only packages with or without a gui but why
collections ?
By the way, I think about supporting categories but I was not able to
test it on fedora. I must try again.

Thanks,
Mounir