[packagekit] Downloading items to the native cache

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 03:15:56 PST 2009

On Wed, 2009-03-04 at 10:57 +0100, Tim Lauridsen wrote:
> I dont think this kind of advanced features/usercases fits well in the
> update dialog if you want novice user to use it.
> All this kind of cracky stuff, will just confuse the novice users and
> make it easier to do something wrong.

I'm not sure I was going to have any Ui for this in the update dialog
just yet. I'm currently thinking in the prefs UI to have:

[x] Automatically download all updates when idle

Of course, this is only selectable when the user has an option different
to automatically install everything. When the user runs the update tool,
they find all the updates already have the "downloaded" symbol, and are
ready to apply.

What do you think about that?