[packagekit] The new update viewer, translations and Fedora

Ville-Pekka Vainio vpivaini at cs.helsinki.fi
Sun Mar 15 03:57:25 PDT 2009

Hi,

The new GPK update viewer seems to be in Fedora Rawhide now. Fedora has
recently entered string freeze (which doesn't actually affect
PackageKit, since this is a project independent of Fedora, but anyway)
and F11 beta should be released soon.

The update viewer has a lot of untranslated messages even though the
Finnish translation, which is what I use and contribute to, is complete
at l10n.gnome.org, that's probably because AFAIK the new update viewer
is added to the Fedora package as a patch.

Is there any way for translators to submit translations to the new
update viewer in time for Fedora 11 release? Will the new update viewer
be merged upstream so that we can translate it as usual via GNOME?

--
Ville-Pekka Vainio