[packagekit] Res: One click install support in PackageKit

Debayan Banerjee debayanin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 08:26:25 PDT 2009

2009/3/29 Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com>:

> Does it follow that Fedora and Debian will never
> do anything to make it easier to install non-free software?
>
> But I don't think they would do that for non-free software.
> So we're back at the original problem, aren't we?

But they are not doing it so its easier to install 3rd party software.
They shall do it so that Fedora users are safe when installing third
party software. The users still have to scour for 3rd party
repositories themselves. Its like Fedora cautioning people from
installing bad 3rd party software.
Another scenario... can the url be
https://checksums.packagekit.org/thirdparty instead?