[packagekit] PackageKit 0.3.15 released!

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 03:52:59 PDT 2009

Today I released PackageKit 0.3.15 (stable branch).

PackageKit release notes: Bugfixes:
 - Escape the ';' in the UpdateDetail:ChangeLog signal so we can send more
   than one line of data (Richard Hughes)
 - When we get the update detail in pkcon, resolve not-installed packages,
   rather than installed ones. Fixes rh#492004 (Richard Hughes)
 - Fix the self test by using actual provides in the catalog file (Richard Hughes)
 - Don't dereference a NULL pointer in pk_console_resolve() which can be done
   using pkcon list-install (Richard Hughes)
 - Don't use an local error in pkcon list-install else we'll fail to free it,
   and it's non-fatal (Richard Hughes)
 - Ensure we set status finished when we return updates from the cache (Richard Hughes)
 - Make the dbus policy more fine grained (Sebastian Heinlein)
 - qt: Fix for the updates and obsoletes delimiter (Daniel Nicoletti)

Backends:
 - apt: Allow the properties and introspection interface of the backend
   to everyone (Sebastian Heinlein)
 - yum: Adds an auto_close attribute to the rpmdb object (Seth Vidal)
 - yum: Don't backtrace with an internal error when the filename is not
   unicode. Fixes rh#480440 (Richard Hughes)
 - yum: Remove the tabs in the package description (Richard Hughes)
 - yum: Don't output duplicated updates. Fixes rh#488509 (Richard Hughes)
 - zypp: Fix up virtual callback methods (Scott Reeves)

Tarballs available here: http://www.packagekit.org/releases/

Thanks to all those who made this possible.