[packagekit] How often does PK unstable release change to a stable release?

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 00:40:46 PST 2009

2009/11/9 Zhu, Peter J <peter.j.zhu at intel.com>:
> For example, we currently have 0.5.X, when can we expect it to be a stable release of 0.6.0? Any rule/policy here?

No rule whatsoever. We should release 0.6.x when we remove the -glib
library and start using the glib2 library. I need to make some pretty
big API changes to the (now experimental) glib2 library first,
although those should be over in the next few weeks.

I would be happy to talk about a more general rule about stable
releases. Maybe aim for a 0.x.y policy where x is updated once a year,
and y is updated once a month?