[packagekit] Debconf and PackageKit Was Re: Packagekit and Ubuntu

Daniel Nicoletti dantti85-pk at yahoo.com.br
Mon Nov 23 05:46:41 PST 2009

It's really fun how this far more complex draft was somehow
accepted by Colin, as Richard said this is a nightmare to debug,
and there is NO benefit to not use passthrough frontend,
my DBus frontend made in just two weeks accomplished all these
matters and doesn't even needed to worry about NameOwnerChanged.

Afaik Colin was on vacations, probably used that to go to UDS,
I really would like him to answer my last email about using passthrough
and doing a really simple change in debconf-comunicate would put an
end to all these problems.

Really, the solution is simple I just need an OK to don't
write code that does not get accepted

Best,
Daniel.