[packagekit] Implementation of searchFiles in APT backend

Sebastian Heinlein sebi at glatzor.de
Wed Oct 28 16:36:06 PDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 06:49:24AM -0700, Daniel Nicoletti wrote:
> No, it's not a bug nor a doesn't work, it's just not a perl regex experession.
> apt-file -x search "(xterm|abiword)"
> works perfectly, the problem here is that '/' are interpreted the wrong way
> and i don't remember the right way to scape those, so
> in aptcc i'll implement that using multiple calls to apt-file but it'll only use
> apt-file if installed and if the INSTALLED filter is not set, since it's search
> is too slow.

Thanks. Perhaps it was still to early for coding this morning :)

The idea with only using apt-file if the installed filter is not
applied is a good one.

I implemented both now.

One issue that I don't know how to handle yet are different package
version which could contain different files. E.G. an user having
unstable and experimental enabled.

Cheers,

Sebastian