[packagekit] Dropping support for rollback?

Andres Vargas - zodman zodman at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 09:07:13 PDT 2009

yes conary support rollbacks :) its hard to code because internally the
actions of conary divide on Jobs

one job can be a set of actions (update/install/remove)

So if i install packagekit

it install packagekit:devel packagekit:runtime as a Job 1
update packagekit:config as a Job 2

So the rollbacks its not remove installed/updated packages its revert a set
of jobs what as applied to system. for back to a before state of Job.

Im have understand the rollbacks its controlled by packagekit reverting
install/updates packages. Conary not depend from Packagekit for do a
rollbacks. Depends of the Set of jobs applied.

I think a feature for support rollbacks not doing for packagekit( send
signals, but not do the actions. ) only by the backend will be great.

other stuff is if conary install packages from cli (without help of
packagekit) the packagekit database not updated. Because Packagekit its a
GUI fronted of conary....

Can code a some plugin for add packagekit integration with conary from
conary cli. But its more work its pending.