[packagekit] Adding properties to the transaction interface

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 06:22:10 PDT 2009

2009/9/6 Sebastian Heinlein <sebi at glatzor.de>:
> Unfortunately there is no implementation of the
> dbus.PROPERTIES_IFACE in the D-Bus python bindings - no introspection
> and not automatic signal matching. So this has to be done manually.

Ohh, that's unfortunate.

> But actually the Python client bindings of PackageKit are in a bad
> shape. There isn't any real async support, still uses obsolete
> policykit and a nested main loop.

Right, it needs some love. If any one if lurking on the list and wants
to help maintain packagekit-python, then please speak now! New
contributors are always welcome.

> Did you attend the optimize and profile D-Bus talk of Will Thomas? After
> watching the recording I also switched to the protperties interface in my other
> project.

No, but I've been doing some pretty serious optimisation needed for
the glib2 bindings. I'll checkout Wills' talk when I get a few
minutes.