[packagekit] pk-glib2 problem

Daniel Nicoletti dantti85-pk at yahoo.com.br
Wed Sep 16 10:57:14 PDT 2009

> > using p->name imo was much easier...
>
> Sure, but you have to ask yourself, why are you using the package
> _name_ so much -- shouldn't you be using the package_id internally
> more?
Well no, for apt what from the package id really matters is
pkg name and version, and i need the name to match to the internal
package.
Of course i can change it to do all those operations (gchar **, free..)
I just think this makes it easier to write applications that leaks...

BTW do you know what i need to do with gdb to see if there is something
leaking?

Thanks,
Daniel.