[packagekit] Multiple entries to WhatProvides and SearchFile

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 13:55:28 PDT 2009

2009/9/23 Adrien Bustany <madcat at mymadcat.com>:
> I don't remember if it's been already discussed, but why do we still use
> string separators like &, ^ etc. while DBus supports lists and hashes ?
> Performance reasons ?

Well, in the case I'm suggesting here, no, I just don't want to break
API in a stable series (adding API is okay) -- but you do need to put
a limit to the amount of demarshalling and marshalling we're doing for
the sake of API purity. In 0.6.x we'll make more stuff STRV rather
STRING with delimiters.