[packagekit] New PackageKit Chapter in Fedora 12 Deployment Guide

Douglas Silas dhensley at redhat.com
Fri Sep 25 06:17:32 PDT 2009

Hi,

I'm updating the Deployment Guide for Fedora 12, and for this
project I've written a chapter on PackageKit. I would be interested
in any comments or suggestions on the chapter, and especially with
new material such as tips and tricks, which I would be glad to add.
Further details on how functions in PackageKit relate to what Yum is
doing behind-the-scenes would definitely be welcome.

The PackageKit chapter ties into the Yum chapter, naturally, though
that one is not 100% complete yet. (For example, adding and
configuring Yum repositories are completely absent at the moment.)

This is the second chapter of the Deployment Guide (following Yum),
so the pace of the material is a bit slower than the rest.

The PackageKit chapter is here:

http://dsilas.fedorapeople.org/Deployment_Guide/en-US/html-single/#ch-graphical_package_management

The Deployment Guide project page is here:

https://fedorahosted.org/deploymentguide/

I'm not subscribed to this list, so please include me in any
replies. I'm looking forward to any and all critiques!

Cheers,
--
Douglas Silas
Technical Writer | Red Hat, Inc.